Last night I attempted to create a new low carb side dish… And surprisingly it came out really nice! I even had my mom and friend taste-test it to make sure my taste buds weren’t being biased or anything.
So here is the work of art, er, I mean Broccoli Slaw Salad.
- Prepackaged broccoli slaw mix (most grocery stores should have something like this in their produce section)
- 2 sweet peppers, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Handful of shredded cheese (I used a mild cheddar and Colby mixture)
- Bacon bits (to liking)
- 1-2 serving spoons of Mayonnaise (if you’re wondering, Best Foods is the only way to go, IMO)
- 2-3 capfuls of Apple cider vinegar
- Spices: dill weed, garlic powder, and loads of salt/pepper
Throw everything together in a big bowl, making sure to stir all the way down to the bottom. Let it rest in the fridge over night (that lets all the flavors mix and mash together).
And viola! You have a refreshing and low carb side dish for lunch over the next couple of days!